Wednesday 10 December 2008

Magazine Planning

To help create the best magazine I can, this week I have been doing plans of what I am going to do in my magazine. The first plan I have done is a plan of my front cover. As it is only a plan I have used pictures of the internet of a well known girl band called 'The Pussycat Dolls'. I chose this band because I like them and they have the type of style and image that I want to create from the band used in my magazine. For the front cover I planned where I was going to put the text, like where I was going to put the cover lines or stories. This plan was to show my ideas and help me with the lay out of the real thing. I also thought about the colours I want to use and the size of the font. Next I did the contents page, I focused on where I was going to put pictures and what things would be included, like artilces, stories, news etc. After this I did the double page spread. Again I used pictures of the internet and focused on where I was going to put things on the page, like where abouts I was going to put quotes in the text. This was to show what the lay out of my article would be. Lastly I did the advert, with this I thought about what colours I was going to use and what words I might use, like Live from London. I thought about what image I wanted to use, like mid shot, long shot etc.
The reason I did this planning was to make it easier for me to create my real magazine as I would have an idea of what I wanted to do. It also meant that my real magazine would be better quality as I would know what I'm doing and what areas I need to think about and work on. I also wanted to show improvement and progress of my ideas.

No comments: