Monday 2 March 2009

My final magazine - Advert


Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on my final magazine. The first part of my magazine I worked on was the advert. I decided to do an advert that advertises the group I have made up, which is a girl group called 'Girl Band'. I got my idea of the design from a 'Pussy Cat Dolls' concert advert. The advert had a dark back ground and the girls were dressed in colourful clothes. I liked the idea of using dark backgrounds with lots of colour as it main the advert stick out and also made the main image look very striking. I thought this would strongly attract readers attention. The 'Pussy Cat Dolls' were also in a
posing position, which created the impression they had attitude. The posing position was something that I used in my advert as I wanted to create attitude and make people look. The picture above is the picture I used in my final advert.

I created my advert on Publisher, I chose to use this programme as it suited my advert and I felt very confortable using it. My advert is quite simple so I thought this would be the best thing to use. However, I did use Photoshop to edit and change my the picture. On Photoshop I got rid of the red eye and I added colour to the eyes to the impression they had lots of make up on. I also added colour to the eyes, like blue to make them bright and stand out.

I decided to use black at the top and the bottom of the page to create a dark attmosphere and make the main image stand out. At the top of the page I put the heading 'Girl Band' as this advertises the name of the band straight away. I did this writing in Pink/Red to give a girly impression. Next to this I put 'Live in London' as I wanted people to see straight away where the concert is going to be held. I did this writing in white to make it stand out. On the bottom I put the name of the tour, I chose to call it 'The GB Tour', this is like the 'Pussy Cat Dolls' tour name, which is 'PCD' which is short for the bands name. With this I put the date and a contact number to make the advert look professional. I didn't change the back ground of the picture because I wanted to create a kind of urban, city effect to represent the music which is R&B.

No comments: