Monday 10 November 2008

Alicia Pearce – Analysing Magazine Articles


Analysing Music Magazine Articles


This week I have been analysing music magazine articles. I have chosen to analyse 5 articles from different magazines, these magazines are Vibe, Top of the Pops, NME and Bliss. I have been analysing articles to find out how I need to construct my article and what I need to do to make it successful. For each of the 5 articles I annotated them by writing notes around the article. I commented on parts of the article, like why certain colours where used etc. Two of the articles I chose were interviews, these magazines were Top of the Pops and Bliss. The other three articles were reviews, these magazines were vibe and NME. All of the magazines have different moods to them like the way they are written and the subjects they talk about but all of them use the same methods to construct their articles. From analysing these articles I now have a good knowledge of how I should construct my article, like what colours to use and where to put the pictures and quotes.

No comments: