Monday 24 November 2008

Creating College Magazine Cover


Creating a College Magazine Cover

In todays lesson I have been using Photo Shop again to design and create a magazine cover for the college magazine. I started off by taking pictures in medium close up of one of my friends who is a student at the college and running for Student Council. From the pictures I took I chose this one to use as my magazine background. I opened Photo Shop and up loaded the image, I then tried different ways of using the image as my background. Once I had my final background I then added the title of the magazine which is called 'Zine'. With this title I tried different colours and fonts and I decided on a dark blue colour as the background is a light blue and I wanted to keep a colour theme. After adding the title I then added subheadings and a headline. The headline was called 'Mike gives us his reasons why he should be Student Presendent'. I chose this headline as it is relevent to what is going on at college at the moment, so therefore will attract readers. A subheading I included was called '10 Top Revision Tips to ensure you get the best result this year'. I did this heading in blue and white, blue for the main part of the heading to catch attention. Another piece of text I added was the magazines slowgen or catch phase, this was 'The best magazine for the lattest College News'. I thought this was a good slowgen to use for thw magazine as it sums up what the whole magazine is about. Next lesson I am going to finish my design and hand it in to my teacher. With the feed back I am going to see how I can improve my work for my music magazine cover.

No comments: