Friday 6 March 2009

My Final Magazine - Article (double page spread)













I have spent the last few weeks creating my magazine article or double page spread. After I had planned my article I started by taking the pictures for it. I got my ideas for my article pictures from pictures of the Pussy Cat Dolls that I saw in a magazine, these pictures were of the girls in their dressing room getting ready. I wanted my pictures to be both posey, girly and fun. I tried to copy their poses, like holding a hairdrier and a mirror. I decided to set the pictures in a bedroom as the bedroom was pink and very girly so created the right image very well. After taking the photos I needed to make some changes to them, so I did this on Photoshop. Both of the pictures had red eye, so I used photoshop to get rid of this. I also added a darkener to the girls eyes so to give the impression they are wearing lots of make-up.

When creating my article I used the plans I had made as a template. I simpley took out the pictures of the Pussy Cat Dolls and added my own pictures. When writing the text part of the article I used my article research to help me create this. The main article I used was the article on the boy band, I liked the layout and style of it. I created my article on Publisher, I did this because I find Publisher easy to use. I chose to use this programme as it is easy to create pictures and text together.

I wanted my article to have an overall girly look and feel to it, so I used pink and blue colours. The images I used were glamerous and girly, with a fun feel to it. I also wanted it to attract and influence young, teenage girls so I used cool words used by this age group, to help me conntect with the audience. In my article I tried to get across the idea of the girls being attract but yet clever and indepentant.

No comments: