Wednesday 11 March 2009

My Final Magazine - Contents Page






For the last couple of weeks I have been working on my final magazine. One of the main tasks was to create a Contents page. I started the development of my contents page by following the plans I had made to take photos. The first photo I took was of the editor, I wanted her to look older and like a editor so I got her to wear glasses. This photo had quite a lot of reflection on the glasses and in the eyes, so I used Photoshop to darken these areas. While I was doing this I also darken the areas on her top to get rid of any pink, so it gives the impression she is wearing something different.
The next photo I took was of the band 'The Sisters', this was a fictional girl band that I made up. This photo had a little bit of red eye in it so I used Photoshop to get rid of this. I also wanted to change the colour of one of the girls tops from white to black so again I used Photoshop to do this. I decided to keep the background the same as I wanted the pink background to create a girly atmosphere.
The last photo I took was for the main story headline and this was the picture of the girl band. I didn't have to change this picture much apart from using Photoshop to get rid of the red eye. I kept the same background so it would match the advert, I also wanted to create a urban look.
On the contents page I put the name of the magazine, this was one way of reinforcing the magazines name. I also put the issue date of the magazine to make it look realistic. I tried to make my contents page look girly so I used lots of colour to help to this, like the pink background. I put the main stories in bold writing to make them stand out and I also put the page numbers on the pictures, so readers will be able to find the stories easily and quickly. The last thing I did was I added a editor chat section. I wanted to create a friendly, chatty atmoshpere so I used approprate worlds to connect with my audience.

No comments: