Wednesday 11 March 2009

My Final Magazine - Front Cover


The last and main part of my magazine that I did was to create the front cover. I started by taking the pictures for it. I took a middle shot photo for this, so I would be able to get a clear shot of the girls. I used Photoshop to create this cover. I started by changing the colour of the eyes to get rid of red eye, I also added colour to the eyes like blue to make the eyes stand out and attract people. Another thing I did on Photoshop was that I added colours around the eye area to givwe the impression of more make-up.

After changing the colour of the photo I then cut it out and moved it on to a red background. I chose a red back ground because I wanted it to contrast with the dark clothing of the girls and also to represent the girls as being firey and hot. Next I added to magazine name and headlines, I chose bright colours to create a happy atmosphere and grab attention. Lastly I added a price and a bar code to make the magazine look realistic.

Overall I am happy with my front cover as I have never used Photoshop before. I feel I have achieved and created the right image for my magazine that I wanted to create, and I think the bright colours I have used will attract readers to buy my magazine and therefore make it successful. :-D

No comments: